Nyetimber Rosé 1086, Vintage 2010
- Pinot Noir,Pinot Meunier,Chardonnay
- Mouthwatering hints of peach and apricot with red berry and good richness.
- Vintage & Prestige Cuvée
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Organic/Bio Status:
- Vegan & Vegetarian
- Other Info:
- Nyetimber was planted by Americans Stuart and Sandy Moss in 1988, and since then, English sparkling wine production has never looked back. The couple were looking for a site that could rival Champagne, and they found it in the heart of West Sussex. Their vineyards have soil very similar to the Champagne region (predominantly chalk), and, believe it or not, the climate isnÂ't massively different!
Made from the same grapes as Champagne (Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier), Nyetimber is also made in exactly the same way. Now covering a staggering 438 acres, Nyetimber is the only UK sparkling wine producer that uses only estate grown fruit, thus maintaining maximum quality control from vineyard to bottle. Today, Nyetimber leads the way in an area that is reaching global appreciation. Who said the English can't make wine?
Nyetimber 1086 is a selection of the best wines made by Nyetimber in a given vintage, and will only be produced in exceptional years. The 1086 Cuvees are characterised by thier balance, acidity, length and texture, with these qualities combining seamlessly on the palate. 1086 was named to honour the year the vineyard's estate was first mentioned in the Domesday book.
Strong colour in the glass, some 19% of red wine shows through giving a distinct cherry and raspberry nose. Then on the palate there's delicious mouthwatering hints of peach and apricot with red berry and good richness, plus some lees character. Superb wine.
- "As she accepted the coverted accolade of 'Sparkling Winemaker of the Year 2018' at the International Wine Challenge, Cherie Spriggs made history: not only was it the first time a winemaker outside France's Champagne region has won the industry Oscar, it was the first time it has been awarded to a woman"- Jo Foley, Daily Mail.
"Nyetimber is where the great English wine boom all began in the mid-1980s, when the classic Champagne trinity of Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier and Pinot Noir vines were planted. Produced by Cherie Spriggs and Brad Greatrix, this market leader has first-class flavour" - Will Lyons, The Times.
"A blend of 75% Pinot Noir (of which 19% had been vinified as red) and 25% Chardonnay, both from West Sussex, the wine has an alluring colour of smoky, dusky pink. Its scented, lifted nose of pure redcurrant is arresting. The palate is slender, sleek and even a little crunchy - but aligned to the Nyetimber creaminess and fine mousse. Crisp, red apple and purest, tart redcurrant fruit shine. This is lovely now but will evolve. While both wines are great achievements, it is the rosé that proves the absolute and eminent suitability of Pinot Noir for this climate. Its fruit is brilliant and clear-cut with an aromatic hinterland and depth well worth exploring" - Anne Krebiehl MW
- Trophy (English Sparkling) - International Wine Challenge
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Smoked Salmon is an absolutely superb match for this very serious wine.
- Food recipe: